Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Easter at the Konstantin home
Following the traditions you have from childhood is fun...but sometimes I really wonder how my mom ever pulled it off. Hiding baskets, hiding eggs, pretending an adult sized bunny was getting in and out of the house. lol. But when you pull it off and see your kids get excited, there's nothing better! So we colored eggs Saturday of course. Drake sat off to the side watching Hayden, Daddy and I color eggs. I decided this year was too soon for serious dye to be near Drake. lol. Hayden had fun of course, dipping eggs in more then one color to see what they do. Sunday morning was the fun "hunt for the Easter baskets" time. And Hayden thought it was hilarious that he truly couldn't find his basket. So we had to hint toward the place they were hidden. Both kids had fun going through their goodies, even Drake seems to be interested in the process. Then the fun part of trying to hide eggs without Hayden realizing. lol. Raya took Hayden and Drake on a walk around the block, telling Hayden they were looking for the Easter Bunny. While they were gone Arman and I hid the eggs, and put the empty carton back in the fridge. When they got home, I showed Hayden the empty carton and he went nutty! Was so surprised, and was very sure that the Easter Bunny had "tricked" him into going to look for him, while the entire time he was sneaking back to his house! The egg hunt was fun, Drake even found eggs and thought it was fun looking for them. But once he realized he could drop an egg and candy would come out, he started throwing them on the floor. Luckily we go the hard boiled ones away from him first!!! lol. For his first real Easter Egg hunt, he did pretty dang well. Of course as Patti puts it, I'm a bad mommy, for not letting him have the candy. LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment